The National Institute for Earth Physics (INCDFP), in partnership with The Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest (UTCB) and The National Institute for Research and Development on Marine Geology and Geo-ecology (GEOECOMAR) announce the beginning of the ”Integrated thematic services in the field of Earth observation – a national platform for innovation (SETTING)” Project.
SETTING Project is co-financed by the Regional Development European Fund (FEDR) through the Operational Competitivity Programme 2014-2020, POC-A.1-A.1.1.3-H-2016, project type RO-ESFRI-ERIC
National Institute for Earth Physics (INCDFP)
Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest (UTCB)
National Institute for Research and Development on Marine Geology and Geo-ecology (GEOECOMAR)
Consolidate research and innovation in the field of Earth Sciences and increase participation of Romanian organizations in European research through:
- increased visibility and access to multi-disciplinary interoperable data in the field of Earth Sciences, available at national and international level;
- development and implementation of modern informatic tools facilitating standardisation, integration and access to large volumes of data;
- coordination and operation of a distributed infrastructure capable of providing services, facilitating new research and leading to the development of new products based on these.
- Create a scalable national research platform representing a leap forward toward increasing scientific community capacity to answer fundamental scientific and socio-economic problems in the field of geo-hazards and geo-resources.
- Support and sustain the involvement of Romanian organizations to EU programs and create new collaboration opportunities with top institutions, through scientific capacity and expertise enhancing.
- Increase competitiveness in the industry and economy by facilitating the access to data or research products and removing technological barriers restricting their use.
- A national research platform populated with thematic services in the field of Earth Sciences, designed for a diverse community of users (from research, universities, private sector or general public).
- An inventory of infrastructures (organizations) which poses data, products and services relevant for Earth Sciences. Obtained information will be accessible through modern online instruments, customised according to user needs.
- A database of metadata describing in detail data, products and services available through the platform, as well as their access policies and modalities.
4.484.829,06 RON, from which non-reimbursable financing: 3.943.497,65 RON (3.154.798,12 RON from FEDR and 788.699,53 RON from the state budget).
Implementation period: 30 months: 15.01.2021-30.06.2023
MySMIS Code: 108206
National Institute for Earth Physics (INFP)
Phone/fax: 0214050670 / 0214050673
12 Calugareni, Magurele, Ilfov, Romania, zip code 077125
Tataru Dragos, firstname.lastname@example.org (project manager)